Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I become a member of/contributor to the Center?
Your membership/contribution will strengthen CAAAB’s ability to achieve its mission and thus provide for a more vital African American business community. CAAAB will assist you in the growth and development of your business. A strong CAAAB membership base will foster a stronger community for all.
How will my membership fees/contributions be used?
Your membership fees/contributions will be used to support CAAAB’s focused efforts to:
- Serve as a clearing house for community resources and support;
- Focus on a few companies each year and take them to a new level of development and growth;
- Provide a holistic approach to securing multi-functional resources and support for its client business;
- Offer fee based services to engender the attention and commitment of its client businesses, i. e., assistance in developing funding proposals and identifying lenders/investors;
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance through the involvement of a broad network of affiliated groups, including faith-based organizations;
- Serve as an economic development effort focused on businesses owned by African Americans and other disadvantaged groups, including faith-based organizations.
- Serve as an incubator for businesses (including African American and other disadvantaged groups) in the St. Louis and metro East Illinois regions.
What benefits do I receive for my membership/contribution?
All business owners who pay the $250 membership fee to join the Center will receive the following benefits (based upon availability):
- Access to the resource office for library, computer bank and business development assistance.
- Administrative support for word processing, PowerPoint, etc., fax and copying (additional charges may apply).
- Opportunity to participate in mentor/mentee program.
- Clearinghouse to other business support/technical assistance service organizations available in the St. Louis region.
- Priority for office space in the resource office
- Access to CAAAB networking events
- Opportunity to serve on a CAAAB committee.
- Solidarity with other African American owners.
What goals will my membership fee/contribution assist in accomplishing?
- Increase economic growth and wealth accumulation for families in the St. Louis metropolitan community, with a focus on African Americans and other disadvantaged groups.
- Develop a new generation of interdependent and talented young business leaders committed to neighborhood stabilization and growth
How do I become a member of or make a contribution to the Center?
Simply download the attached application and return it with your check to CAAAB at the address on the application.